Saturday, November 20, 2010

FUEL GAUGE GAUGING INTELLIGENCE?

Using my mother's car lately, I noticed her gas gauge looks like this:






Note the use of marks for quarter tanks between full ("F"), half full (I'm a gas tank half full, not half empty kind of guy), and empty ("E").





 
Then, borrowing my father's car for an errand, I noticed his gas gauge looked like this. (right)

Note the LACK of marks for quarter tanks.

So I was wondering, what does this say about the car manufacturer? What are they saying about us as the owner of the vehicle?

Is the manufacturer of my mother's car (Toyota) implying that she's too stoopid to gauge quarter tanks on her own, so they put marks there for her?

And the manufacturer of my father's car (Honda) is implying his superior intelligence in that he can figure out quarter tanks on his own based on the needles position between Full and Empty?

(Discuss).

HELPFUL TIP - GAUGING YOUR GAUGE: When borrowing a car and you pull in for fuel not knowing what side the tank is on, often there is a tiny arrow on the fuel gauge indicating left or right. (see top photo) Hopefully this will save you some fuel having to flip the car around.

MJW
Publish Post

1 comment:

  1. Gauge manufacturer


    Hi… that was great stuff.. I really like this subject. Could you tell me more. I would like to explore.

    ReplyDelete