Tuesday, August 10, 2010

NO REVOLUTION IN EVOLUTION

I'm no scientist. I'm also not a religious leader. (Or follower).

I hear about all the conflict, hatred, division and rhetoric hurled about by one group of humans at another over the subjects of evolution and intelligent design, and it all sounds pretty crazy.

I offer a point of view from a place of simple observation:

If you look in a full length mirror, you'll see a head and four main appendages. Two arms, two legs. You'll see two eyes. Two nostrils for breathing. Two ears for hearing. You can feel your rib cage in your chest. Feel the spine your ribs are connected to.  Feel the bones in the digits of your fingers. Your toes. Feel your heart beating. Your lungs breathing in. Exhaling.

Now, if you look at pics of the following creatures, you'll see that they all have the exact same features as you; dogs, cats, mice, rats, birds (two feet, two wings for arms), horses, cows (the latter two with hooves instead of digits, though a deer has two digits in its cloven hoof), lizards, alligators (the latter two have tails, but still they have four main appendages, and you can feel your own tail bone at the top of your butt), elephants, rhinoceroses, giraffes, zebras and so on and so on - all have the same main features. Maybe different numbers of bone digits in hands/feet, but they're segmented all the same. Not to mention reproduction with eggs, which even human women release every month from their body when unfertilized. (yes ladies, you lay an egg)

With the exception of shell fish, sharks and whales and other sea creatures, most of them, have two eyes like us, nostrils (or one blow-hole in a whale's case) for smelling things in the water, have spines and ribs (of varying size/thickness) and hearts and arteries and stomachs and intestines and so-forth.

So what I'm saying is, why don't all these creatures have three eyes? Why not some with one, some with four, some with eight? Five arms, three legs? Why do they all share these very few, very similar traits that anyone can see?

I know insects are very different. Fly eyes are pretty crazy, and millipedes have tons of legs and all that. Bugs are pretty crazy. But they have their own similarities once you get down into that realm of life.

Human nervous system













Even if you look at trees, they too have fluid (sap) moving through them, they take in water like we do, their root systems and branch systems sure look a lot like our veins and nerves. I dug the earth with my dad for a garden he wanted to start and we hit the teeny tiny filament ends of a trees root system attached to larger roots and man did it look exactly like diagrams of the human nervous system.

Now, just as I could say all this simple visible evidence suggests clearly that we were all once connected and branched in our own ways over time, someone could say that clearly one creator engineered us in their laboratory.

I personally can't see it, but I leave it to you to see for yourself.

(With your own two eyes...)

MJW

1 comment:

  1. I know I have a creator. He is the most high God and I truly believe He sent His only son to save the world. Some would beg to differ. Im not here to argue whose opinion makes most sense. My God doesn't always make sense to me but then I am not making it all about me and my opinions. All I can say is I would rather be wrong believing what I believe over being wrong believing what others believe.

    ReplyDelete